Posted to alt.home.repair
Bob F Bob F is offline

Default Sand in Well Water

Dimitrios Paskoudniakis wrote:
I'm in Maryland where it's been hotter than 90 deg every day for
almost two weeks.

I've been watering the lawn for 2-3 hours this morning, my wife
watered the plants, two showers were taken and a load of laundry.

I'm noticing some sand in one toilet bowl, and when I turn on the
water in the adjacent sink, there is some sand.

I presume this means the well water level has gotten too low? The
pressure was fine.

Is there anything I should or should not do in the near term? I
stopped watering the lawn.

My father had a large storage tank added to his system. The well pump keeps it
full. Another pump supplies the house from it. I assume the well pump controller
cycler the pump to prevent overpumping the well as it refills the tank.