Posted to alt.home.repair
notbob notbob is offline

Default New a new refrigerator - any recommendations?

On 2010-06-28, Steve B wrote:

reply: I have never seen a refrigerator that wasn't seriously dusted up,
and I never met a homeowner who knew it was there and required
cleaning.

Hi. My name is not Bob.

Yes, I know about it. After buying a repair manual and learning how
to replace defrost cycle timer, defrost ice-encased frostless coils,
and generally tear the thing apart, I learned much. I also learned
you DO need to clean them coils. It was hot where I lived and dirty
coils meant the difference between mere hours and two days to freeze a
tray of ice. Once a year cleaning is enough.

nb