Posted to alt.home.repair

Default Sand in Well Water

On Jun 28, 9:02*am, "Dimitrios Paskoudniakis"
wrote:
"harry" wrote in message

On Jun 27, 5:11 pm, "Dimitrios Paskoudniakis"
wrote:

I'm in Maryland where it's been hotter than 90 deg every day for almost
two
weeks.

I've been watering the lawn for 2-3 hours this morning, my wife watered
the
plants, two showers were taken and a load of laundry.

I'm noticing some sand in one toilet bowl, and when I turn on the water in
the adjacent sink, there is some sand.

I presume this means the well water level has gotten too low? The pressure
was fine.

Is there anything I should or should not do in the near term? I stopped
watering the lawn.

You are pumping water from your well at an unsustainble rate. *You
need to raise the pump slightly and give the well time to recover
between pumping sessions. *How long is for you to determine.
The only way you would beat this problem is by deepening you well.
Expensive.

++++++++++++++++++++++++++

I called the well company. They indicated to "give the system a rest",
meaning we can use water for household necessities, and this should clear up
within a couple of days. *I also won't water my lawn anymore this summer,
obviously.

It already looks better, hardly a noticeable trace now.

A couple of years ago the pump was raised 15 more feet, so for now I'm
inclined to leave things alone, let this issue settle, and not water the
lawn.- Hide quoted text -

Got any other sources of water for irrigation? That's the solution
long term.