Posted to alt.home.repair
Hustlin' Hank Hustlin' Hank is offline

Default Sand in Well Water

On Jun 27, 12:11*pm, "Dimitrios Paskoudniakis"
wrote:
I'm in Maryland where it's been hotter than 90 deg every day for almost two
weeks.

I've been watering the lawn for 2-3 hours this morning, my wife watered the
plants, two showers were taken and a load of laundry.

I'm noticing some sand in one toilet bowl, and when I turn on the water in
the adjacent sink, there is some sand.

I presume this means the well water level has gotten too low? *The pressure
was fine.

Is there anything I should or should not do in the near term? *I stopped
watering the lawn.

You did a good thing by stopping the watering of your lawn. One cure
that may work for you is to raise your pump up a little more from the
bottom of the well (maybe 5-10ft, depending on static level). When you
pull the pump, dump a few shovels of gravel in it to help stop the
pump from sucking the sand off the bottom.

Hank