Posted to alt.home.repair
mm mm is offline

Default Very Small Engine Repair

On Sun, 27 Jun 2010 08:16:45 -0700, "Steve B"
wrote:

I bought a new Murray a couple of weeks ago for $20. It had a dirty float
bowl and jet. When I pulled the handle, I had to pull it VERY slowly to
feel any compression. I believe these are very low compression motors, and
function well at that compression.

Steve

I guess my impression is based on the fact that it seems old cars and
old lawn mowers, when the rest is in good working order, seem to start
more easily than new ones. Cars turn over faster and mowers pull
eeaiser and they start right up.

This may have been much more noticable 20 or 30 years ago before
improvements in spark and fuel supplies