Posted to alt.home.repair

Default liquid silicone?

On 6/26/2010 7:50 AM, Nate Nagel wrote:
Does anyone sell liquid silicone that is just in a bottle, not a spray can?

Reason I ask is, I have been in the habit of using silicone on my car's
door gaskets, but only have it in two forms - first, as a spray
lubricant, and secondly, as a grease (Sil-Glyde) either one of which
works, but is not as convenient to apply to weatherstripping as would be
a plain liquid that one could wipe on with a rag.

BTW, it really does work, since I started doing that I haven't heard
that awful sound of my door gaskets ripping apart because they froze to
the door yet... spray silicone in the door lock cylinders every fall too...

nate

Have you tried Armor All? I believe it contains silicone and
won't harm paint or plastics. As for your lock cylinders,
graphite is a much better lubricant for them.

TDD