Posted to alt.home.repair

Default A sad tale of two wrecked newsgroups

On 6/26/2010 12:01 PM, cshenk wrote:
"The Daring Dufas" wrote
Robert Green wrote:

Less panty bunching and more pressing "Next" goes a long way towards
keeping
the peace.

I think there is only one person/creature in my killfile and he/she/it
is not posting in alt.home.repair.

Grin, only 2 in mine that aren't those silly 'ladies watches' or
whatever spam.

it out by pressing "K". There are threads I may not be interested in at
a particular time but someone who has a good head on their shoulders
may post something to the thread and I might want to read it. There is
so much good information posted to this group by some wonderful folks
who know what they're talking about. A famous man once said,
"Experience is a fool's best teacher."

Yup! I find that unless I ask something that no one has any experience
with (recently asked on Duro Shed brands after reading reviews), I get
lots of good feedback. Just good folks here overall.

Sometimes I can't help myself when someone leaves themselves wide open
with a post that they haven't thought through. I have to respond with
something weird or suggestive but I'm not going to be ugly or foul.
You don't have to be smutty to be funny. It's kind of like conversations
that go on at every supply house counter when you get a bunch of
preverts [sic] together. *snicker*

TDD