Posted to alt.home.repair

Default New a new refrigerator - any recommendations?

On Sat, 26 Jun 2010 10:12:01 -0400, "Robert Green"
wrote:

"Ralph Mowery" wrote in message
om...

"Robert Green" wrote in message
Our 17 cu. ft. refrigerator has finally gotten to the point where I

can't
find parts or keep it alive any longer and since older units are not

very
energy efficient, I have decided it's time for euthanasia.

So I am looking for an equivalent (or slightly smaller) unit as a
replacement.

Anyone have any recommendations as to brands and models? Don't want to
spend a lot because we'll be moving soon and the unit will likely be
staying
behind. Don't need an icemaker or cold water dispenser, just a
straight-forward food cooler.

Thanks in advance for any input!

--
Bobby G.

I think you answered your own question when you said you do not want to
spend a lot and you are moving soon. If that is anything less than two
years, then look for the least expensive price and do not worry about the
modle.

If I was wanting a good one, then it would be Whirlpool.

Thanks. We've been moving since 2008 when the real estate market tanked, so
we could be here until the market "shakes out." How long that will be is
anyone's guess, but I suspect that by 2011, people will be unable to wait
out planned life changes much longer.

You *are* an optimist. 2011 is going to be the double-dip that Obama'a
actions demand. It'll be another five years before this mess gets
straightened out.

My wife's decided she needs to
continue to work as long as she can instead of retiring last year because
the future is so uncertain. What was once a nice nest egg is a runny,
soft-boiled mess.

SWMBO would love to quit her job and retire but she got awfully tired of
staying home, too. I retired in '06. That lasted nine months. My current
plan is to work another five to eight years. By then I'll have all the toys I
need to retire in style. ;-)