Posted to alt.home.repair
HeyBub[_3_] HeyBub[_3_] is offline

Default OT. Obama, dictator of America.

Robert Green wrote:

No, the exact reverse is true. There's a much more fundamental
mistake. The incident you describe was a *declared* war against a
force of incredible military power - power that no one nation on
earth appeared able to resist. Treating terrorists (or even Iraq) as
if they had the military might of WWII Germany or modern day Russia
or China is the mistake. And a terribly serious one.

On the other hand, we executed the Rosenbergs without the benefit of a
declared war.

Instead, we turned Osama Bin Laden into a god for Islamic radicals by
declaring him a public enemy, equal to our President in weight. We
made ourselves look foolish thereafter by being unable to even find
him. It was outrageously stupid to do that. Bush fed a tiny stinging
insect whale's milk and oh, how he did grow.

Still, Obama was responsible for more American deaths on 9-11 than Yamamoto
was at Pearl Harbor (3000+ vs. 2402).

And a slight amplification: It has never been the goal of the United States
to kill or capture Osama ben Laden.

Making a single, albeit terrible, terrorist act into a war is a
serious mistake and one we will pay dearly for when we are once again
tasked with fighting a credible enemy, not a bunch of religious
zealot suicide bombers.

Consider the Battleship Maine. A single event that resulted in the
liberation of Cuba, the Philippines, Puerto Rico, Guam, etc. It helped heal
the residual rift between the North and the South resulting from the Second
War of Independence. It established the United States as a world power. And
so on.

Killing
tens of thousands of innocent Muslims isn't going to end the
terrorism problem unless you are prepared to kill ALL Muslims,
peaceful or not. Well, are you?

Tough question. Let me think...

We've wasted the lives of a lot of very, very good men and women, our
fathers and mothers, our sisters and brothers, our sons and daughters
who swore this oath and honored it until they drew their last breath:

"I am an American, fighting in the forces which
guard my country
and our way of life. I am prepared to give my life
in their defense."

How many more good lives will we throw away to avenge those who died
in the Towers? I'm hoping an end is finally in sight.

We didn't throw ANY life away. The people you mention were volunteers. They
joined the military, knowing the chances of death or disability, for the
opportunity to kill people and blow things up. To them, the rewards were
worth the risk - much like a mountain climber, a sky-diver, or a race car
driver.

They are, in the main, our Warrior Class. War is what they were born to do,
what they were trained to do, what they NEED to do. They do it for honor's
sake, for duty's sake. For glory's sake.