Posted to alt.home.repair
willshak willshak is offline

Default liquid silicone?

Nate Nagel wrote the following:
On 06/26/2010 11:11 PM, Nate Nagel wrote:
On 06/26/2010 08:19 PM, Stormin Mormon wrote:
And, how would you apply the liquid? To the seal, and then use a rag?

I'm assuming that I'd soak a rag with it and then wipe it on. That's
what I've been doing with the spray.

I could have sworn I had two big tubes of Sil-Glyde here too, but I
can't find either one of 'em...

nate

(was cleaning up car today... tomorrow will attempt to hardwire GPS and
CB to get rid of the horrific mess of cig lighter adapters under the
dash... yes I still have a CB because radar detectors are illegal here
not to mention against company policy...)

Just thought of something... would DOT5 brake fluid work? I know I
can buy that locally rather than having to order it.

nate

Be careful. Brake fluid can mar your paint job.
I use the ubiquitous tire wet products on the moldings. Spray it on a
cloth and wipe the moldings.

--

Bill
In Hamptonburgh, NY