Posted to alt.home.repair

Default Cost to run central A/C

On Jun 26, 11:29*pm, Mikepier wrote:
A couple of years ago, I hooked up an amprobe to my 3 ton carrier unit
outside and it read 16 amps (220V).
My inside fan blower I think used 5 amps (120V).

So that's about 4,120 watts total full load. *Keep in mind I usually
keep my *inside fan on continuosly, and my outside unit cycles on and
off throughout the day.

Find an old mechnical clock that has time and date. Those ones with
the litte flip numbers work well. Set it to 1/1/2000 midnight and
hook it into the blower circuit. At the end of a month you'll have
the number of days and hours the unit ran.

You could also buy an old meter and run a circuit through it. You'll
need a subpanel though.