Posted to alt.home.repair
mm mm is offline

Default Vacuum Cleaner Problem

On Sat, 26 Jun 2010 15:47:40 -0600, Tony Hwang
wrote:

mcp6453 wrote:
On the advice of Consumer Reports and others, I purchased a Hoover U5140-900
vacuum cleaner a couple of years ago. As of today, it has broken two belts. My
daughter had it in her apartment at college, so it has not had heavy use.

I think there's a new college fad where people break parts of the
vacuum cleaner and then see how long it takes for the rest to break.

Call the Dean of Students. They know all about it.

Either that or it's clogged. Even with little use, it could get
clogged if one tries to pick up the wrong thing. Clogging is by far
the biggest problem with vacuum cleaners.

I didn't look up your model, I don't even know if it's a cannister or
an upright, but if it's clogged it probably won't cool the way it is
supposed to.

Although I did get a used one once which was using a bag from a loaf
of bread instead of a vacuum-cleaner bag. Of course the air would't
go through it and it didn't work that way.