Posted to alt.home.repair
Jon Danniken[_4_] Jon Danniken[_4_] is offline

Default Very Small Engine Repair

LSMFT wrote:
Ned Flanders wrote:
I have a small tiller I bought second had - 4 stroke. It ran well the
first year and then it developed a small problem. I can start it
(fresh gas, clean oil), but as soon as I pull on the throttle it
stalls. when it stalls I get a little blow back out of the throat of
the carburetor. Also if I take the oil cap off while it is running
there is blow back coming out of there as well.

I am not afraid to rip it down, as I can do minor engine repairs. I
was just hoping someone might be able to point me in the right
direction. I am thinking a gasket...

It's not worth taking in for repair as the labour would cost more
then the thing is worth.

I would check the timing first.

That was my first thought as well. Check to see if the sacrificial key is
at all anything other than pristine.

Jon