Posted to alt.home.repair
ransley ransley is offline

Default New a new refrigerator - any recommendations?

On Jun 26, 10:58*am, Molly Brown wrote:
On Jun 26, 12:34*am, "Robert Green"
wrote:

Our 17 cu. ft. refrigerator has finally gotten to the point where I can't
find parts or keep it alive any longer and since older units are not very
energy efficient, I have decided it's time for euthanasia.

So I am looking for an equivalent (or slightly smaller) unit as a
replacement.

Anyone have any recommendations as to brands and models? *Don't want to
spend a lot because we'll be moving soon and the unit will likely be staying
behind. * Don't need an icemaker or cold water dispenser, just a
straight-forward food cooler.

Thanks in advance for any input!

--
Bobby G.

I recommend buying a refrigerator that has its condenser coil on the
back and preferably covers the entire back and not just half way.- Hide quoted text -

Whats the point of having it on the back as a peference, I got a sears
a few years ago because it was the most efficent I could get, the coil
is underneath, so efficency isnt a reason, The old 20 yr unit I
replaced is on the back, so it shoudnt be resessed in a tight area.