Posted to alt.home.repair
Smitty Two Smitty Two is offline

Default A sad tale of two wrecked newsgroups

In article ,
Kurt Ullman wrote:

In article ,
"h" wrote:

"Kurt Ullman" wrote in message
Public plonking, though is saying pretty much what Robert suggests.
A little bit of a power trip saying "I don't like you, so no one else
should, either."

I view public plonking as polite. You're telling the plonkee not to waste
his or her time replying to you or waiting for a response from you.

I still don't see the point. If you are still at the polite stage,
then why plonk?

H plonks people for disagreeing with her, even if they do so politely.
The laminate kitchen floor thread was a perfect example. I think she
plonked at least 6 of us for having the gall to suggest that laminate
was an acceptable floor in a kitchen.