Posted to alt.home.repair
Nate Nagel Nate Nagel is offline

Default liquid silicone?

Does anyone sell liquid silicone that is just in a bottle, not a spray can?

Reason I ask is, I have been in the habit of using silicone on my car's
door gaskets, but only have it in two forms - first, as a spray
lubricant, and secondly, as a grease (Sil-Glyde) either one of which
works, but is not as convenient to apply to weatherstripping as would be
a plain liquid that one could wipe on with a rag.

BTW, it really does work, since I started doing that I haven't heard
that awful sound of my door gaskets ripping apart because they froze to
the door yet... spray silicone in the door lock cylinders every fall too...

nate

--
replace "roosters" with "cox" to reply.
http://members.cox.net/njnagel