Posted to alt.home.repair
h[_11_] h[_11_] is offline

Default A sad tale of two wrecked newsgroups

"Robert Green" wrote in message
Plonking seems to be a power trip wherein a
person tries to project an authority to make judgements about who can
belong
to the "in" crowd. It seems to be equal parts: "Look at how bad and weak
YOU are and how good and powerful I am."

I don't think of it that way at all. I plonk all the time, simply because I
just don't want to hear from a particular person anymore. I just don't have
time to filter out the crap. I will also plonk people who respond to the
truly obnoxious like speed and the monkey. I just don't want to see it.