Posted to alt.home.repair

Default OT. Obama, dictator of America.

On 6/25/2010 8:25 AM, wrote:
On Jun 22, 5:50 am, The Daring
wrote:
On 6/22/2010 2:18 AM, harry wrote:

On Jun 21, 10:35 pm, J wrote:
David Nebenzahl wrote:
On 6/20/2010 11:51 PM harry spake thus:

We invented the internet therefore it belongs to us.........
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Tim_Berners-Lee

Again with the Wikipedia.

Apparently you don't know the difference between the internets and the
World Wide Web.

So if ISPs are dropping USENET access in favor of Google Groups, it's
the result of British scheming dating back to 1980? No wonder Joe
Lieberman is concerned about national security!

You need to be. A mad Brit hacker has been into every military
computer and also the Pentagons and NASA's looking for pix of flying
saucers.

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/worl...usa/2139985/Br...

Yes y'all are that good with computers in America. Even our nutters
can breeze through your security. You need to offer him a job.

The case against him is a load of horse manure. The needle peckers in
charge were embarrassed by the guy and made to look like fools, they're
out for revenge plain and simple. This nonsense about damage valued in
the thousands of dollars is plain silly.

I'd say you're the one who's plain silly. Let's say it turns out
that IT discovers that someone has hacked into a part of the computer
system in just a major corporation, not DOD. What do you think it
will cost just for them to conduct a thorough investigation to
determine what if anything was breached and stolen? That alone could
be in the many thousands of dollars. And if it then appears just
possible that the hacker did obtain info, it could cost an order of
magnitude more to deal with the consequences.

I would love to be on that
jury, I would demonstrate what jury nullification is all about. The real
computer system "Crackers" are in and out before anyone knows it and
they don't get caught.

So, you'd only convict the ones that don't get caught. That makes a
lot of sense. Were you on the OJ jury?

Going after this poor fellow is like the nonsense
carried out by the TSA, they want to show that they doing something so
they harass someone who's handy, like a toddler in leg braces or little
old lady in a walker.

I'd say any skunk that tries to hack into a system deserves at least a
couple years in jail. There is no reason the rest of us should have
to put up with this.

Some of what I read about the case indicates that the guy actually
informed them that they had poor security. It reminds me of the guy
who found a bag of pot on the street, went to the police department
to turn it in and was promptly arrested for possession. I'm sorry
but when I see this sort of nonsense going on and all the hysterical
codswallop the government puts out in an attempt to cover their butts,
I know someone is lying and the liars work for the government.

TDD