Posted to alt.home.repair
mm mm is offline

Default Are These Commonly Available?

On Fri, 25 Jun 2010 09:47:13 -0700 (PDT), Bob Villa
wrote:

On Jun 23, 9:31*pm, mm wrote:
On Wed, 23 Jun 2010 05:11:36 -0700 (PDT), Bob Villa

wrote:
My application was M12 and ended up using 1/2" nut with grade 8
bolts. *This is a Supreme (StarTrans) 2008 conversion bus-Ford V8.

bob_v

I don't get it. *How do these channel nuts work? *Do they stick
somehow to the understide of the floor?...

I think I get it now, but how did it help with your bus? *It had rods
or soemthing going across the bottom to hold the nuts?

What are those channels on each side and how do they help them stick?

What could the spring do?

Any or all of that is appreciated.

There are channels on each wall and in the floor on each side. They
are lower profile (rectangular rather than square).
We have double seats on the left and single on the right. What I had
to do is remove one of the doubles and add a jump seat and put another
single on the right.
Hope this makes sense.

Yes it does. Thanks. I'm starting to recall that I may have seen
such channels. I didn't know about channel nuts and didn't associate
the two.