Posted to alt.home.repair
Roy Roy is offline

Default OT - Mousetrap improvement

On Jun 25, 9:40*am, Tony Hwang wrote:
aemeijers wrote:
Doug Miller wrote:
In article , Oren
wrote:
On Thu, 24 Jun 2010 16:22:55 -0700 (PDT), "
wrote:

You didn't catch and release 60 mice. You caught and released the
same five
mice a dozen times.
nope they were all different mice, they had no way back in.

"no way back in" THAT YOU KNOW OF. Unless you released them at least a
mile away, you were catching the same mice. Over and over and over.
The only way you might really know this, is using a spray paint or
magic markers. Add a scarlet letter?

LMAO

Buddy of mine did that with a raccoon that kept getting into his dogfood
supply. 3 daughters at home at the time, so he tried catch&release to
keep them happy. 2nd or 3rd time, he spray-painted a yellow spot on his
back. Next time he saw the spot, he sent the wife and kids shopping,
shot it and buried it. Mice, half a mile or so is probably plenty. My
buddy said he took the coon 5 miles across a river, and it was back
within 48 hours.

Hi,
We live across from BIG public wilderness park. Lots of animals there
including occasional moose and bear. If you mistreat animals they get
even with you. When we stop feeding birds in the spring they started
snipping off flower buds in the flower bed. When we squirted water on
squirrels and bunnies. they must get mad at us, they started chewing off
roses from our rose bushes. They are smart. We try to learn co-exist.
Mpise in the yard too. We cull them to keep the number low. We use
sticky pads. Once they are on it they can't move. Works very well.

==
How big does a "sticky pad" have to be to hold a bear or a cougar? I'd
trust my old army rifle over a "sticky pad" any day.
==