Posted to alt.home.repair
Robert Green Robert Green is offline

Default Oil spill

wrote in message

stuff snipped

My solution for capturing the oil is to make a huge tank, like a hot air
balloon...have no idea of a flexible material that might hold oil. Said
balloon has a heavy lead or concrete ring at the base and the ring is
lowered over the pipe. "Balloon" fills with oil, rises to surface and
is captured. It can have a flexible valve, like a heart valve, to
prevent outflow. Line them up and keep filling them until the relief
wells are done.

That's not a bad idea at all. Might not be workable this time because no
one's got the giant condoms ready, but it could be a very effective solution
for the inevitable next deepwater disaster.

Didn't we learn anything when they drilled the world's deepest mine shaft on
the old B&W Superman TV show and those little bald guys came up the shaft
and starting shooting people with a raygun that took two of them to aim and
fire? (-:

--
Bobby G.