Posted to alt.home.repair
mm mm is offline

Default mower runs for a couple of minutes only

On Fri, 25 Jun 2010 01:36:52 +0000 (UTC), Chief Two Eagles
wrote:

On Thu, 24 Jun 2010 20:50:53 -0400, mm wrote:

I guess I'm lucky it didn't also blow apart the carburetor, manifold and
cylinders, and how the spark or flame got under the valve cover, I do
not know.

Leaky valve stem seals could allow vapor in that area.

Tbat makes sense. I guess the valve cover was the only place it
accumulated, and the carb throat, manifold, and cylinders were cleared
by normal engine operation??

I was trying to start my brother's car, which was broken he had told
me, while he was out of town. I don't remember if or how I actually
started it.