Posted to alt.home.repair,rec.crafts.metalworking,alt.machines.cnc
David Combs David Combs is offline

Default Nice dehumidifier...

In article ,
Existential Angst wrote:
Awl --

It's got a powerful blower, really puts out air, much much more than my
other units, which I think just use a regular fan blade... The difference
is like a factor of 10, no hyperbole!

It's not super quiet with this blower, but it's not overly noisy, either.
It's two speed, but it's so powerful, they really could have greatly lowered
the rpm, for a super-quiet but still effective mode.
If quiet is a concern, mebbe a dropping resistor or high-watt potentiometer
or small transformer would give you the best of all worlds.

I think part of the effectiveness of this unit is in fact due to this
blower, as it blows upward with some force, certainly mixing/circulating the
air MUCH better than my other units.

My practice with both dehumidifier and A/C is to place a separate fan
in front of it.

Not much noise, because being external it's not blasting the air
through the louvers.

And of course you can point it wherever you want.

(For the a/c, one fan in front of the a/c, one at the other
end of the room pointing back, its air hitting the wall
at an angle, thus getting nice circulation, every corner
getting some of the air.)

The external fan -- makes ALL THE DIFFERENCE!

David