Posted to alt.home.repair
h[_11_] h[_11_] is offline

Default Tiny bees

"Nelly Wensdow" wrote in message

"LSMFT" wrote in message
Nelly Wensdow wrote:
I have these little blackish bees in the outside of the house, I guess
maybe
6mm long or so. I think they must be pretty common because I've seen
them so
many places before. They get into the little squarish holes between
panels
in the wood siding. They seem indifferent to my presence& pretty much
just
go about their business. Do the bees make the holes themselves or do
they
just exploit the flaws? Seems like a bee would chew a rounder shape. Are
they very damaging?

I have those little black wasp looking things with white rings around
their tail. They find little holes like nail holes or the screw holes in
hedge clippers. They can barely fit, I know they can't turn around. Looks
like the could only one baby in those nests.

--
LSMFT

I don't like to interrupt her.

Sounds like it could very possibly be those, on thinking again they do
look like little wasps of some kind. They don't seem too particular about
the shape of their entry as long as they can cram their little hineys in
there. Until I hear from somebody something like "OMG my wood siding was
destroyed by..." (similar bug), I guess I won't worry too much.
Thanks all & the humor appreciated too.

Umm, there could be HUNDREDS of them in there. This really is a potentially
huge problem. You need to, at the very least, buy some sort of spray poison
and coat every inch of wood you've seen them near with the product. Any sort
of boring insect must be eradicated unless you want your house to be eaten.
Then you need to plug up the holes to prevent future infestation as well as
weather/other pest damage. This is pretty much homeowner 101. ANYTHING which
lives in your house and is not a significant other or a pet ,is a pest.
Children/human larvae qualify as "pests". At least to me. Human larvae do
much worse damage to any home than any "pests"