Posted to alt.home.repair
Carmen[_2_] Carmen[_2_] is offline

Default Tiny bees

"Nelly Wensdow" wrote in message
I have these little blackish bees in the outside of the house, I guess
maybe 6mm long or so. I think they must be pretty common because I've seen
them so many places before. They get into the little squarish holes
between panels in the wood siding. They seem indifferent to my presence &
pretty much just go about their business. Do the bees make the holes
themselves or do they just exploit the flaws? Seems like a bee would chew
a rounder shape. Are they very damaging?

Glad you used the PC term of "tiny". They're are actually midget bees, who
are embarrassed to be seen. That is why they hide in the wood.