Posted to alt.home.repair
[email protected][_2_] norminn@earthlink.net[_2_] is offline

Default Invasion of the red ants

clipped

Anyway, Rocky did not go easily or quietly. Finally had to build a loop
stick to haul him out of the stove where he was hiding. Somewhere I have
picture of Rocky staring out from under the hole beneath the burner. We're
still finding dessicated squirrel pellets on the tops of cabinets and other
odd places.

--
Bobby G.

LOL...worst trapped animal I have handled was a gopher tortoise that
moved from my yard to a county park )

When we used our pop-top camper the last time, we forgot there was food
stored. The remarkable colony of roaches that moved in were able to
chew through the wrappers on Ritz crackers. Also chewed up the soles of
my rubber flip flops....can't imagine them being mistaken or used as
food )

We had a colony of roaches move into our place when upstairs neighbor
moved out...they had small children, so probably easier food sources for
the bugs.

I've read about mixing baits for carpenter ants, using sugar and boric
acid. Those articles said that the b.a. must be liquid, they will not
ingest granules.

When topical flea treatment for cats came out, we got it right away.
The vet advised sprinkling b.a. all over the carpet, leave for few days
and then vacuum up to get rid of eggs. Had tried everything prior to
that...powder, shampoo, dips, foggers...the topical stuff got rid of the
flea problem within days, so didn't use the b.a.

I rescued some antiques from a condemned house years ago...old ladies,
plumbing didn't work, pet cats, trash stuffed into kitchen cabinets. I
could hear the roaches running around on the piles of trash. I came
prepared...boots, gloves, rake, shovel ) As soon as I got the
furniture outside, I poured full strength bleach all over it. Nice pie
safe and walnut table ) Cheap way to furnish a home )