Posted to alt.home.repair
Cheri[_3_] Cheri[_3_] is offline

Default Reasonable Cost?

"CWLee" wrote in message

I recently had a small job done by a plumber, and I'm wondering if I got a
bargain, paid a typical price for this task, or was overcharged. This is
in the greater Los Angeles area. I'd appreciate some feedback on the
reasonableness of what I was charged. Here are the details.

I had a 30-year old wobbly toilet. Plumber came out to inspect the job.
He said he would remove the toilet, remove the old flange, install a new
flange, and then reinstall the toilet. Said it would take a couple of
hours, and the price would be $250. I agreed to that. He returned the
next day and did what he said. It took him 1 hour and 45 minutes, 30
minutes of which were a trip by him to a nearby Home Depot to purchase the
correct size/style/type flange - different than the small selection he
already had on his truck. Toilet is now firm, and I'm satisfied with it.

Comments?

Thanks.

Put into perspective, I recently had a plumber come out to re-seat a faucet
that I could't get to stop leaking after installing it, a wall hung faucet,
should have been really easy, but I digress. He was here for no more than 10
minutes max, including time spent talking about the weather, charged $60.00,
so I don't think your plumber was outrageous, but mine was IMO.

Cheri