Posted to alt.home.repair
Jon Danniken[_4_] Jon Danniken[_4_] is offline

Default OT - Mousetrap improvement

Stormin Mormon wrote:

On 6/24/2010 8:17 AM, Christopher Young wrote:
My shelves also have Chinese Dictator (mousey dung).

I had some very Smart Mice. They would steal the bait
(Peanut Butter) right off of the traps, and would not go
near Glue Traps or a "Live Catch" trap.

I nailed them by drilling holes in Almonds, then wiring them
to the Bait Tray of Victor Snap-Traps. Now when they try to
steal the bait, they get a good Whack on the Neck instead.
After I killed a couple Dozen Mice this way, I have not seen
any Mice in about a Month.

I usually just add some flour to the peanut butter to make it thicker so
it's harder for the sneaky mice to lick it off without setting off the trap,
but I like this "drilled almond" trick.

Jon