Posted to sci.electronics.repair
Arfa Daily Arfa Daily is offline

Default So, who's the king of finding data sheets ... ?

"Phil Allison" wrote in message

"Arfa Daily"
"Phil Allison"

The PSU in that JVC is likely to be of the unregulated kind - ie a
simple square wave inverter.

These are far preferable for audio amplifiers and cheaper to make too.

It's actually not.

** Really ??

How would you know ?

Oh you half baked ****. I was referring to the design of the supply,
which is NOT a simple square wave inverter.

** Again - how would you know ?

In professional audio, high powered amps are now commonly using SMPS -
all of them of the simple square wave inverter kind. PFC circuits exist
only on a few of the very largest ( and most expensive) examples and then
ONLY to get the mains RMS current draw down to sane numbers.

Forward converters are seen in a few small powered mixers, the Fender
Passport series is one example - no PFC circuit in sight. These have a
120 /140 volt switch fitted and cause no problems here in 240 volt
Australia.

As to them being better for audio work,

** Preferable to either flyback or forward converters and cheaper to
make at the high power levels needed.

Try learning to read what has been written.

Ha! , and you say WHAT ?

** I say you are lying, pommy idiot.

There are differences in requirements, yes, but that does not negate the
basic principles involved.

** There is no principle involved.

It is a matter of the designers using what is needed and what works best.

They know what they are doing, while smug pommy ****s like you do not.

Do you make this stuff up on your own ? You know, we can all snip bits
out of posts, and then comment on them out of context,

** All my comments are fully in context - even when that context comes
straight from the back garden of pixie land.

No they're not. You've done it again in this reply. The context only comes
directly from Pixie Land in your stupid head, as every sane person on here
knows ... Do you actually know the meaning of the phrase "in context" ? Or
come to that, even know the meaning of the single word ? No ? I thought not
.... You do it all the time in every thread that you get involved in. You
ignore anything that you can't refute and snip it out. Then you take
everything else, cut out anything that fixes the context, and then post one
of your ill thought-out stupid-headed replies, usually with some offensive
comment attached. If I'm smug, then sobeit. It's because I know how much
better I am in every regard than you. **** ? Well, I really think that you
have got that one tied up all on your own, Phil.

BTW:

Do you still think that Marshall amps were designed by Jim Marshall ??

..... Phil

What's that got to do with this thread ? Now run along, take your meds, and
go to bed in a nice dark room for a few hours, until those nasty voices in
your head stop talking to you ...

Arfa