Posted to sci.electronics.repair

Default So, who's the king of finding data sheets ... ?

"Arfa Daily"
"Phil Allison"

The PSU in that JVC is likely to be of the unregulated kind - ie a
simple square wave inverter.

These are far preferable for audio amplifiers and cheaper to make too.

It's actually not.

** Really ??

How would you know ?

Oh you half baked ****. I was referring to the design of the supply, which
is NOT a simple square wave inverter.

** Again - how would you know ?

In professional audio, high powered amps are now commonly using SMPS -
all of them of the simple square wave inverter kind. PFC circuits exist
only on a few of the very largest ( and most expensive) examples and then
ONLY to get the mains RMS current draw down to sane numbers.

Forward converters are seen in a few small powered mixers, the Fender
Passport series is one example - no PFC circuit in sight. These have a 120
/140 volt switch fitted and cause no problems here in 240 volt Australia.

As to them being better for audio work,

** Preferable to either flyback or forward converters and cheaper to make
at the high power levels needed.

Try learning to read what has been written.

Ha! , and you say WHAT ?

** I say you are lying, pommy idiot.

There are differences in requirements, yes, but that does not negate the
basic principles involved.

** There is no principle involved.

It is a matter of the designers using what is needed and what works best.

They know what they are doing, while smug pommy ****s like you do not.

Do you make this stuff up on your own ? You know, we can all snip bits out
of posts, and then comment on them out of context,

** All my comments are fully in context - even when that context comes
straight from the back garden of pixie land.

BTW:

Do you still think that Marshall amps were designed by Jim Marshall ??

...... Phil