Posted to sci.electronics.repair
William R. Walsh[_2_] William R. Walsh[_2_] is offline

Default Danger of running hot receiver (Kyocera)?

Hi!

I'm guessing this is of a similar vintage to something like my Kyocera
DA-610 CD player (1985)?

If it is, I'd expect that you'll find it is Incredibly Overbuilt
inside. Kyocera absolutely was *not* cheap-skating on these things.

Even so, the DA-610 I found had some problems and needed some simple
R&R before it was at its best. Most of it was just age-related wear
and tear. The electronics themselves have never needed a thing, but
then again, they're not under the stress that an audio amplifier would
be.

I would at least clean the thing.

William