Posted to sci.electronics.repair
William R. Walsh[_2_] William R. Walsh[_2_] is offline

Default Fire ants - computer bugs

Hi!

Anyone have any operational experience of pc failure due to swarms
of fire ants ?

Well, the circuit didn't fail and they weren't fire ants...but...

I had a massive ants nest show up in an Optimus STA-795 stereo
receiver. I noticed them moving around on the front panel, so I picked
it up and WOW! Ants were pouring out of the bottom of the unit. The
manual was underneath it, and they'd made some kind of a big white
thing on top of it. I don't recall exactly what I did to evict them,
but they never came back again.

William