Posted to sci.electronics.repair
William R. Walsh[_2_] William R. Walsh[_2_] is offline

Default Teac AG-790 has me stumped...

Hello all...

Thanks to everyone for the replies...

The new cap is installed properly. I made careful notes of how the old
one had been installed and the schematic is in agreement with my
notes.

I do believe the "E0" indication is some kind of error. But what it
means is a mystery, and the service manual does not help. I'm going to
ask TEAC, although so far they have not been helpful at all. The
output of the amplifier does not appear to be blocked--it is
amplifying this humming sound. It's not outputting DC to the speaker
connections.

Outside of the burned area, no traces on the board were ruined.

If I knew what E0 meant, I suppose it might be very helpful.

I may try pulling the cap (since the original was completely open
circuit, I doubt it can hurt) and seeing how the behavior changes.

William