Posted to alt.engineering.electrical,sci.electronics.components,sci.electronics.design,sci.electronics.repair
James Sweet[_3_] James Sweet[_3_] is offline

Default Fuse or fusible resistor?

I take it , that its blown and I also take it that its not charred (fusible
R don't char or even discolour AFAIK)
Desolder it and scrape an axial line along its length . Then DVM resistance
check from either end. If a fusible resistor then maximum R read is what its
value was near enough.
FR breaks are usually to one end, normal R usually in the middle.
Although green is often axial inductor.

--

They won't catch fire but I have seen them char slightly. It's also
common for them to crack or blow out a small chip of ceramic if