Posted to rec.crafts.woodturning
Leo Lichtman[_2_] Leo Lichtman[_2_] is offline

Default Has anyone turned bamboo?

"tom koehler" wrote: well, now I'm going to wander off topic and respond
that back in the '60's I
had a slide rule that was made of laminated bamboo. Sorry for the
diversion,
just couldn't resist.
tom koehler

It was probably a Sun-Hemmi, made in Japan. In my opinion those worked
better than K & E or Dietzgen. which were made of wood. The fact that the
grain of bamboo runs perfectly parallel to its axis provides an unbeatable
sliding surface. I once lost a whole grade point in a chemistry final
because it was raining that day, and my sliderule (not bamboo) was sticking.