Posted to rec.crafts.woodturning
Bill Noble[_2_] Bill Noble[_2_] is offline

Default Highway robbery...

I posted the link to batteries at a reasonable price, the OP didn't want to
deal with that, so this discussion drags on.....

"Martin H. Eastburn" wrote in message
Maybe Google is the issue. Try 3M or their dealer.
NiCads with tabs can be bought at many hobby stores - RC-airplanes and
Cars...

Martin

Martin H. Eastburn
"Our Republic and the Press will Rise or Fall Together": Joseph Pulitzer
TSRA: Endowed; NRA LOH & Patron Member, Golden Eagle, Patriot's Medal.
NRA Second Amendment Task Force Charter Charter Founder
IHMSA and NRA Metallic Silhouette maker & member. http://lufkinced.com/

On 6/27/2010 9:46 PM, Joe Bramblett wrote:
On Mon, 14 Jun 2010 12:03:26 -0800, Kevin Miller wrote:

I've had a 3m Airmate for a number of years now, and my battery is
pretty much at the end of it's useful life. I pulled up the battery in
google and the price ranges from around $95 to over $175 or more.
Krappin' Krishna! I'm on my 2nd battery and some years ago I tore open
my first pack and it consists of three D-cell nicads wired together.

1) Does it have an external power connector? If so, make yourself a
battery pack to clip on elsewhere and run from that.
2) If not, can you wire one up without compromising seals?

Either way, you could toss the existing charger and use whatever you want
as long as it gives ~4.5V. NiMH with different charger, alkalines, AC
adapter, hat with a bunch of solar cells, whatever.