Posted to rec.woodworking

Default Shop Wall and Electric

Bill wrote:
Update:

Following my installation of my "dummy" electrical outlet yesterday, I
learned I like the receptacle box to stick out exactly 1/2" passed the
stud. I went to two different Borgs looking for a small piece of
1/2" pine or equivalent to use as a sort of fixture--but to my
surprise, there was none in sight (I prefer not to use plywood due to
personal sensitivities to the glue dust, et. al., YMMV).

I snipped your afternoon's pleasure with the power tools Bill, but thought I
might share with you that your boxes have indicators on them for various
thicknesses of sheetrock. Just hold the up to the right indicator and mount
them.

--

-Mike-