Posted to rec.woodworking
Upscale Upscale is offline

Default Answer to an old question: "ALPHA" Box on a utility pole

On Fri, 02 Jul 2010 11:25:22 -0500, Swingman wrote:
I switched over from Comcast to ATT uVerse a few years back and at first
it was a startling upgrade in on-site customer service ... the past year
or so it appears that ATT may have been hiring ex Comcast field guys, or
reading from Comcast's "how to screw the customer" playbook.

It's funny how customer service importance has grown over the years.
Fifteen years ago, all that was available in high speed Internet was
Rogers. Didn't worry about customer service much (even though it was
sub par) because they were the only game in town.

Then competition came by in the way of DSL Internet over the phone by
my current ISP Teksavvy. Tried them and the customer service was
great. I'm ashamed to admit, three years ago, I got lured away by
another competitor for about two days due to a much lower price. Two
days of hell and I went back to Teksavvy with my head hung low
apologizing all over the place.

Now at 56 years of age, it's not quantity or price that's important to
me near as much, it's quality and customer service that I pay for and
would pay even more for if necessary. Guess criteria changes over
time.