Posted to rec.woodworking
Swingman Swingman is offline

Default Answer to an old question: "ALPHA" Box on a utility pole

On 7/2/2010 11:11 AM, Larry Blanchard wrote:

OTOH, I had a Comcast tech out to the house a while back to install an
Internet connection and he replaced our wall mounted box for the TV
service. Said the one we had was getting old and it'd probably give
trouble in next few years. He didn't have any copies of the installation
manual I was supposed to get for the Internet connection, so he described
the process for me and removed the cost of the "installation kit" from
our bill.

I don't know if he was a special case or if that's normal service in our
area, but at least I can state that not all Comcast service is bad.

I switched over from Comcast to ATT uVerse a few years back and at first
it was a startling upgrade in on-site customer service ... the past year
or so it appears that ATT may have been hiring ex Comcast field guys, or
reading from Comcast's "how to screw the customer" playbook.

--
www.e-woodshop.net
Last update: 4/15/2010