Posted to rec.woodworking

Default Answer to an old question: "ALPHA" Box on a utility pole

On Fri, 02 Jul 2010 01:55:01 -0400, Bill wrote:

BTW2, I asked a Comcast technician (I had 3 out last week) why they just
threw my cable-splitter on the ground under my house when they installed
my service. He said that's just the way they install them.

OTOH, I had a Comcast tech out to the house a while back to install an
Internet connection and he replaced our wall mounted box for the TV
service. Said the one we had was getting old and it'd probably give
trouble in next few years. He didn't have any copies of the installation
manual I was supposed to get for the Internet connection, so he described
the process for me and removed the cost of the "installation kit" from
our bill.

I don't know if he was a special case or if that's normal service in our
area, but at least I can state that not all Comcast service is bad.