Posted to rec.woodworking
Joe AutoDrill[_2_] Joe AutoDrill[_2_] is offline

Default Looking for a tool

Is this just a piece of sheet material with just these couple of holes
thru it or is there additional machining, forming, etc involved?

Can't get into it too deeply, but it is essentially a bunch of formed parts,
ranging in shape and size with a "lip" that needs a set of holes made in the
same size and spacing, but different locations per part.

I provide the drill with the C-C distance multi-head drill set. They
provide the table and all the different fixturing to meet the parts shapes
properly so that the drill hits in the right location every time on every
part.

When they move the part to the next "station" for whatever happens next,
they essentially dump the chips / plug into a recycling bin (or maybe onto
the foor for all I know!) and go at it again.

I haven't actually been to their location (hardly ever need to) so they
could be medically clean or "Pittsburgh foundry" dirty... No clue and no
worries. My machine will work just fine in either case.

Regards,
Joe Agro, Jr.
(800) 871-5022
01.908.542.0244