Posted to rec.woodworking
HeyBub[_3_] HeyBub[_3_] is offline

Default The Gulf Disaster: a geologists take

zzzzzzzzzz wrote:

How do you justify the taking of the company from its lawful owners
and giving it to another?

It's tought. Eminent domain is prevalent in scalawag-dominated political
divisions. And here's an example of just/unjust use:

Suppose one owns a fried-chicken fast-food shop. The city condemns his land
(along with many other parcels) to build or expand an airport.

So far, so good.

But in the airport exists fast-food outlets, including one that sells fried
chicken.

So, in sum, the city condemned Jack's Fried Chicken Shack ("Where a breast
in the mouth is as good as a thigh in the hand") and established a
competitor.

They ran the whole thing into the ground so it had no real value,

A lie. Even so, how do you justify the taking, without due process?

Our beloved Constitution provides for it (5th Amendment).

Ford didn't get stolen by that
******* Obama now did it? By your position (such as it is) Obama
should have 'stolen' Ford, it at least had some value.
But welcome to the Revisionist Club, in here there are already a few
members.

Clueless.

Yep. By bailing out GM and Chrysler, the government effectively warped the
marketplace, and not in Ford's favor. Sorta like the Mafia: We want part of
your business or we'll use competition to drive you out.