D. J. Dorn

Default Grizzly Cust Service Kudos

They said they intended to pay for my shipping the motor to them, but I
would have liked to have gone the same route as you. Even if they would
have charged me for the motor and then credited it when mine got there, I
would have been happier than having to wait until they decide what to do. I
think they are considering fixing the bearing problem - which it shouldn't
have had inside a month.

Don

"Gerald Ross" wrote in message
My 14" bandsaw motor died in less than a week. They took my credit card
number and shipped me a new one. It arrived in 3 or 4 days, I changed
them out and shipped the old one back in the same box with the included
label. They never charged the account, but I had to pay the return
shipping. It would have been a nice touch for them to pay the return
shipping, since it was a defective motor and not my fault.

"V.E. Dorn" wrote:

I've always had good luck too but haven't needed them much. Recently, I

got
my new G0555 bandsaw and there a bad bearing in the motor. When I put

the
phone next to the saw for the rep, he had me try a couple things and

readily
agreed that it was a bad motor and that it needed replaced. He said I

could
send it back or he would send a call tag for it but the latter would

take a
couple of weeks. I agreed to send it and did so that day which was the

20th
of December. I just called them before New Yars and they said they had
received the motor and were "working on it" but if I wanted, they would

let
me know when they were done and made a decision as to what to do. I

don't
expect overnight attention but we are at two weeks and I would think

they
could at least tell me what they were going to do. I'm not down on

Grizzly
but having purchased 7 machines from them, this is the first that I was

little dissapointed.

Don

john moorhead wrote in message
Folks -

Well, I have to give points to Grizzly for their Customer Service. On

12/29
I ordered the "President's Special" Dial Indicator set through

Amazon.com.
It arrived last night via UPS a little after 5.

Everything was well packaged, but upon setting it up, I noticed a

hairline
crack in the plastic "watch glass" covering the dial of the dial

indicator.
There were also a couple of those moveable indicator arrows on the

face of
the dial that were loose.

I don't think the defect was from shipping, it was one of those

fissures
that hard plastic gets.... Nonetheless, I thought I'd send Grizzly CS

note
and did so last night at about 11... I asked them to send another

Bezel
cover, if that's what you call it, and tell me how to attach the

pointers,
as that wasn't clear. I really didn't want to go through the hassle

of
returning the indicator as the defect didn't really affect its' use,

but I
thought they should know there was a problem. The set up was only

my door, so...

Lo and behold, when I woke up this morning, I had an email send from

Grizzly
BEFORE 7AM on a SATURDAY, no less.... apologizing for the defect.

They're
going to send a whole new Dial Indicator assy to replace it and they

don't
want the old one back.

I just got the new Grizzly catalog, and their quality seems to get

better
every year. I may be in the market for a jointer and they have a

spiral
cutter on their 6" unit that looks intriging. Last year they had big
planers with spiral cutters and now they're bringing it to their

jointers.

If I were Delta CS, I'd be worried. This is EXACTLY how to handle a

small
problem and gain customer and future customer good will and business.

John Moorhead
Lakeport CA

--

Gerald Ross