Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking,rec.woodworking
Leon[_6_] Leon[_6_] is offline

Default Recommend quick change drills/bits?

"John Doe" wrote in message
"Leon" wrote:

"Snappy" uses a collet similar to one on a router to hold drill
bits in the holders.

And I guess that is three sided. Maybe I could have used a router
bit today, making two small pits in a board to accommodate
screwheads on the board it was being glued to.

In the process of acquiring those Snappy quickchange adapters,
online since they probably are not available locally. I am
surprised they do not cost more, I guess most people just do not
need quickchange and/or are not willing to pay for an extra item
to make any of their round drill bits usable as quickchange drill
bits. Sounds great to me.

If there is a Woodcraft store near you they can be had there. I saw them at
a WW show and was impressed when the demonstration included using a counter
sink bit to drill into steel.