Posted to rec.woodworking
Mike M Mike M is offline

Default mounting a ceiling air filter

On Sat, 26 Jun 2010 08:24:19 -0500, Swingman wrote:

On 6/25/2010 7:43 PM, Mike M wrote:

Just brought my first Rotex sander and the CT22 home. Looking forward
to not having to wear the dual cartridge mask while sanding.
Unfortunately the plunge saw was back ordered. I've got a Laguna
sliding table and it still looks easier to cut sheet goods with the
plunge saw then trying to muscle 3/4" plywood around.

Definitely is for me, particularly when you consider that you can get
equal accuracy/cut quality with the plunge saw and guide rail.

Since I batch cut cabinet parts, and if I didn't have a table saw, I
would definitely want the parallel guide system as well.

This appears to be a fair review of that item:

http://www.burrellcustomcarpentry.com/subpage83.html

That is the same model I purchased, and got two of the 55" tracks
which I did bring home. I'll have to take a look at the stops though
as they look handy. Hopefully I'll get the saw in the next week.
Have some home projects to finish up and it will be nice to cut some
pieces right where I'm working without quite as much mess. Thanks for
the link.

Mike M