Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking,rec.woodworking
John Doe John Doe is offline

Default Recommend quick change drills/bits?

I bought some cheapies from Lowe's recently. They are supposed to
be titanium coated. They are the type with the aluminum color
shanks. Some of them were noticeably crooked coming-out of the
shank. Junk. I had some others (Hitachi I guess) with the same
aluminum color shanks, also junk. On the other hand, I still have
a few small diameter Black and Decker quickchange bits (solid
black) that came with a cheap bit set, that are still working good
after some abuse. I would like a more complete quickchange bit
set. Any recommendations?

Thanks.

Out of curiosity... What do you think about tri-shank
drills/bits?