Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking
Steve B[_10_] Steve B[_10_] is offline

Default Am I being 'el-cheapo'? (metal related)

"Ivan Vegvary" wrote in message
I own about 80 tomato baskets. These are the conical wire supports that
hold up the plants as they hopefully grow. Every year about a dozen
baskets experience failure by having one of their welds break. I segragate
them and eventually they meet with my OA welding torch and get a new lease
on life. SWMBO says I should simply buy new baskets. Most of them are at
least 20 years old, back when you could buy them for $ 0.50 each. I refuse
to pay $1.79 and up for new ones. Cheap? I would rather spend the money
on welding gas.

Ivan Vegvary

I bet the new ones have wire that's only half the size of the old ones.
Best thing to say to SWMBO is, "I'll take that under advisement, honey.
What's for dinner?"

Steve