Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking
Pete C. Pete C. is offline

Default Am I being 'el-cheapo'? (metal related)

Ignoramus8895 wrote:

By the way, I do not use any tomato cages because they all
underperform and make a mess in the yard in the off season.

I welded some 6 ft tall supports that I pounded into the ground, put
2x4s on them along the length of the garden, and tie little vertical
1x2s to the 2x4s.

I tie tomato plants to the 1x2s with insulation tape.

Works really great.

Take it the next step and replace the wood 2x4s and 1x2s with some 4"
square welded wire mesh (concrete reinforcing), or go all out and get
some grid wall panels from a store closing sale.