Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking
Snag[_3_] Snag[_3_] is offline

Default Am I being 'el-cheapo'? (metal related)

Ivan Vegvary wrote:
I own about 80 tomato baskets. These are the conical wire supports
that hold up the plants as they hopefully grow. Every year about a
dozen baskets experience failure by having one of their welds break. I
segragate them and eventually they meet with my OA welding torch
and get a new lease on life. SWMBO says I should simply buy new
baskets. Most of them are at least 20 years old, back when you could
buy them for $ 0.50 each. I refuse to pay $1.79 and up for new ones.
Cheap? I would rather spend the money on welding gas.

Ivan Vegvary

Concrete reinforcing wire makes great cages . Any size you want .

--
Snag
Got Guns ?