Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking
Tim Wescott Tim Wescott is offline

Default Am I being 'el-cheapo'? (metal related)

On 06/29/2010 10:02 AM, Ivan Vegvary wrote:
I own about 80 tomato baskets. These are the conical wire supports that
hold up the plants as they hopefully grow. Every year about a dozen
baskets experience failure by having one of their welds break. I
segragate them and eventually they meet with my OA welding torch and get
a new lease on life. SWMBO says I should simply buy new baskets. Most of
them are at least 20 years old, back when you could buy them for $ 0.50
each. I refuse to pay $1.79 and up for new ones. Cheap? I would rather
spend the money on welding gas.

If you get $1.79 + materials worth of entertainment out of welding up a
basket, then you've hit break-even.

--

Tim Wescott
Wescott Design Services